Thursday 2 September 2010

:)

It seems like grown ups lepak is a bit different than how we used to lepak when we were in college. Time constraints, commitments and other responsibilities add up to limit the lepak duration whenever we actually do get the chance to meet up. Ah well. Everyone's grown up / growing up in every sense and yeah now I understand the meaning of quality time with your girlfriends.

I guess I am lucky enough to be busy catching up with the few girlfriends that I still keep in touch with. And I am thankful for knowing that these little lots are always going to be around and will always stay the same no matter how long we have not seen each other. Bliss.

I was seeing my girlfriends for berbuka last Monday and we talked about commitment. And yeah about love. And it seems like all of us are sort of looking at 2011 to end our single life. Haha and we even fought over the nice dates to get hitched and who will have to wait to give way to who. Haha hilarious but yeah I guess we are also feeling the pressure of the happily hitched couples around us. Peer pressure not needed here...!! ;P

And we also talked about the statuses in Facebook. And how vain some people can be, updating their every moves, every moods, every activities complete with thousands of pictures flooding on Facebook, and yet, are constantly paranoid with busy bodies / stalkers. And how we could tell when someone is in a relationship with some other friend that you know in Facebook and how we pity some others who went from 'in relationship' into singlehood. And how these two parties fought publicly on each others' walls on Facebook. No stalking needed, whether you like it or not, it will be on the news feed. Haha drama!!

Well, I know it is always nice to be sharing what we are doing with our friends. But I guess there is a fine line between sharing and sharing too much. Between cool and vain. Between happening and poyo(as my friend said it :P ). Well I hope we will never cross that fine line because vain is so high school. Hello, grow up please..?!!

We paused and asked each other, did any of us girls changed the relationship status in Facebook? Well you see, my guy had been pestering me to change my status but I see that is soo unnecessary because that is a proclamation. And I cant be announcing something that is not even formal (family-wise and religion-wise). Apart from having a busy-body bigger family, (which sometimes suffocates me with their questions) I think some things are better kept to oneself, myself (..yourselves..?).

So yeah, none of us changed our status. I guess it is a sign of maturity. I am not saying we wont change at all. Yes we will. But no hanky panky couple status, we will change to 'married' once we are one day. One fine day. InsyaAllah :)

After chatting for a few good hours, it was time to head home. Yes it was short but these little gatherings are meaningful. They are supplements in our life. In my life. And I treasure these moments more than I used to. Yes its true, loves come and go but friendship remains. :)

2 comments:

keriangandunia said...

sial pawer english ko!!!!!!

keriangandunia said...

oh fml. im soooooo sorry i commented on the wrong blog lol. i thought this was my fren's blog. well this fren o mine has a wierd paranoia on english. he cant even say 'no' to english-speaking salesman.. so when i THOUGHT he wrote the above entry i was surprised like hell lah. hahahaha my bad~

dengan ini berakhirlah perjalanan hidupku sbg silent lurker di sini. kantoi~ btw, i love your writings ;) keep em coming! slamat hari raya ampun maap dipinta *cheers*