Wednesday 9 December 2009

relocate?

i guess we cant complaint when we are studying.what more when we are funded to study abroad.shhh no complaints no blame.just work for it!
i havent had proper sleep for the last week and i am actually amazed at how my body react to it.im currently like a machine,im either switched on to do my work or switched off to sleep and rest.fair enough :)

i could deal with that.however,what upset me the most is i could not plan my journey time properly.its out of my hand.totally out of my hand.

i live about an hour away from campus.hmm not too bad considering in london,standard door to door journey is about an hour or so.so yeah okay thats not too bad n i dont have go through many changes.

if it is a smooth ride,i dont even have to wait long for busses.i just have to catch bus 42 from denmark hill to tower gateway in which the clear traffic journey is only about 25minutes.then i hop off the bus and hop on a dlr from tower gateway to cyprus station which takes another 25 minutes.so yeah smooth ride is about an hour to school.

hmm smooth ride haa.well u know what.its not always smooth ride everyday.on average it takes me roughly one and a half hour to school.spare the extra minutes waiting for the bus that dont ever seem to come and the bad traffic that u wished u have brought a bread to clear the jam.hmm i know.bad joke huh.

so yeah.studying is okay but its the travelling that drains my physical energy.mind you,standing in the cold with harsh wind gushing on you waiting hoping the bus to come for ages exhaust not just my physical energy but also mentally depriving i could say i lost 70% of my patience.tips: dont call or text me while im waiting for bus because i'll just blow it to you.ask jeff.he gets it everytime.

i think ive started liking the idea of living on campus.i wont just save my travelling time (which also means i could get more sleep), i would also save hell lot of money from travelling. and having all the facilities within walking distance tempts me.

last monday i stayed overnight in the uni and went to school the next day without bathing.i kept telling myself i stink (in which of course i didnt!) and yeah i would love to have a room in the hall so i could have the convenience of working and living without consideration of travelling on public transport.i almost thought ive clearly i made up my mind that i am going to apply for a room and move into the hall next year.

then i went home in the evening.and the first thing i did was put my stuff in the lounge.i have this corner in the lounge where i set up a working space so i could do my work.and i just rest on the couch,relieved to be home.and i went to make a cup of milo in the kitchen,i sat at the dining table and just look at the kitchen.my kitchen.my huge kitchen considering its london.and at one side of the wall i look at the row of shoes idora and i had on the shoe rack.visitors always thought there are more than 2 people living in this house at the first impression of how big the house is and many the shoes are!most of the time we just grin.afterall we are girls and girls LOVE shoes.

after having my cup of milo i head to my room upstairs.aaaahhh my room.my very own room.i hurried to change and have shower considering i have not bathed for 2 days now.and yeah if i havent mentioned i even have a sink in my room (i dont know why) but in many2 ways its an advantage to me because i dont have to do run to toilet everytime i need to use the tap.and its within reach from my bed meaning i dont even have to stand and walk from my bed to have a glass of water.n yeah bed.my white covered bed which i love so much.i could stay in bed all day and pamper myself with all sorts of manicure pedicure skin hair care product without having to go downstairs.i have them all here.and the parlour beside my bed is genius as it gives me extra work top to put my books and my little bedside lamp.often i read myself to sleep with all sorts of books that i read and the location of the lamp is just perfect.

lying in bed then,with my books,i thought to myself.could i give up all these homely feeling to the dormitary-like halls and having to share kitchen with another 4 other flatmates without knowing what type of food do they even eat.and could i even live without my lounge?my sunny lounge that overlooks the lovely grove lane and a tennis court that inspires me to play sports.even if i put all these sentiments aside,could the new hall or room accommodate my stuff?i tell you my stuff has grown so much i could not imagine myself moving from this house other than going back to malaysia for good.

hmm.at all time i wish i could relocate this house to somewhere closer to uni.or even better,relocate the uni to the city.haha crazy.oh well,i cant have them both can i.

i guess i have to choose.i will definitely be staying here until i finish with this year study.but do i want to endure the long journeys everyday to school again for next year?hmm i dont know.

i kept on thinking of it this way.

travel is a means to an end.home.

No comments: