Friday 11 December 2009

sambal belacan

you read that right.sambal belacan!

mom sent sambal belacan instant for me last monday.uncle capt (thats what we call him for being a capten) arrived monday morning with my usual lot mama used to send to me. tat nenas (my fave), kuah rojak from opah (i love opah!) and this time with 3 bottles of sambal belacan!wee hoo!!sambal belacan in bottles!!in return i send her the pressure cooker she's been asking for months now.hope she's got it now :)

so yeah sambal belacan.i went home and boy i couldnt tell you how knackered i was!tiring weekend,sleepless nights,tiring discussion yadaa yadaa.all i could think of was just have shower and sleep! (yeah,i didnt have shower this morning because i was sleeping at uni.shh.our secret :P)
put my stuff in the lounge,went into the kitchen and indulged myself with a cup of hot milo (u have no idea how milo comfort you so much in this cold lonely winter) and thought of what to have with my sambal belacan.

obviously i was too tired now to cook..so i let the cooker do his magic with the rice while i dug into the fridge looking for any left-overs to have with my sambal belacan.n tadaaa yess!i found not one but two left-over to have for dinner.one is peri2 chicken i had last friday (i never really finish my food and its very common for me to pack them, bring home, stuff in the kitchen until its time that i would think..naah its too long then in the bin u go!but this peri peri chicken had been saved by my sambal belacan weehoo!) and the other was some soup i cooked last week.cant remember when though :P

so yeah i reheat everything in the microwave,ran upstairs and had my refreshing shower and came back with everything ready complete with a sign..; DIG IN!!!!
n so i did.they were yummily delicious!!! (except for the fact that the chicken was then very dry thanks for 3days in the fridge and an inconsiderate level of heat in the microwave and the soup..hmm yeah actually the soup was off.but i ate it anyway because i knew my stomach could stand it but halfway through i just thought its too bitter for me to take.i know u might think im gross :P)

yeah for a long long time now i havent enjoyed my dinner as much as i did last monday.(or is it safe to say i only enjoyed my rice and sambal belacan?)

and thanx to my sambal belacan, i have all the drive to cook now!
the day before some fish
and tomyam for thursday
and kari ikan on friday
and now thinking wut to cook for today......

oh i still have the left over of yesterday's curry..i'l just reheat it and eat it with my sambal belacan!

yummilicious!

1 comment:

AdaH said...

long live!!!
han tolong la hantar tempoyak pule! :D :D