Sunday 7 December 2008

the thought of mama is the soup for my soul

'how are you doing' mama asked.i havent been answering her previous phonecall as i didnt hear the phone and obviously she's worried about me.i was fine.

i remembered if i was not feeling well or had my down cycle,i used to seek comfort in mama.we used to go out shopping with mama or just strolling in the car and enjoy the one hour way home being stuck in the ever terrible traffic jam on the federal highway talking about my days and how it affected me.if i would have normally curse in my kelisa ramming my way through the ocean of cars,i would just drive on the left lane of the highway not bothering to overtake any of the cars because i really treasure the hours that we were 'trapped' together in the heavy near to standstill traffic.and its funny how we have to make appointments to go home together as i was normally spending long hours in the office and seldom left untill it was dark.

when ive landed a job at Phileo which is 200m away from IIUMatrics,mama was thrilled.now she can have a company to drive back and forth from work to home everyday.and having someone to talk with in the boring journey or simply keeping up with her daughter,it was a great idea.i was excited too.

but i guess it didnt work that way.i was a junior in the office and i really had a lot to learn.ahah save that craps.even if im not a junior in the office,i would still leave after sunset.the workloads are impossible.we often go home very late to finish our never-ending-ever-changing drawings.

so basically,i always reached home late at night because obviously i would be hungry and looking for food after the long hours in the office.and for all i knew the next thing i was doing was lepaking at mamak if im lucky enough,will be bangi or if not i will be out for food around kl.and by the time i was home,mama was fast asleep.and by the time i woke up the next morning,she was already on the road to work.

and not to mention the routine that she had where she used to call me twice daily just to talk to me even though we lived in the same house.the first would be in the morning to wake me up or warn me about the traffic towards pj since we were actually taking the same route and the second would be on her way home in the traffic jam,reminding me to have a short break and go out for dinner before diving back into the piles of drawings in the office.huhu mothers.

and when i practically stayed over at melati during the weekdays to make it easier for me to commute to work,we used to have lunch date together just to catch up stories during the week so that she wouldnt miss any part of my life an i get to spend more time with her.she was always present in my life and i love her for being very supportive in whatever i chose to do.

i smiled hearing her voice.it is stil the same voice even though the receiver that im hearing from is thousands of miles away from her.and she still sounds the same.and the same trick.she will call me on her way back home.i smile.i have missed this voice and she had read my mind from continents away.she had given me a ring because the mother instinct that she had was so strong it could surpass all the obstacles away.

mama,i love and miss you very much.

with love,
your daughter

No comments: